Benedict Cumberbatch in British GQ magazine-Actor of the YearSuit £2k. Shirt £200. Bow tie £90. Benedict Cumberbatch looking ravishingly disheveled: fucking priceless.
I was tagged by Chelsea. :)
Rules: Just insert your answers to the questions below.
Tag at least 10 followers (play along if you want!)
- Name: Michele
- Nickname: Shell
- Birthday: February 23rd
- Gender: female
- Sexuality: straight-ish … I think
- Height: 5’2”
- Time Zone: central
- What time and date is it there: September 2, 7:22pm
- Average hours of sleep I get each night: anywhere from six to ten
- The last thing I Googled was: I think it was something about the Ninth Doctor
- My most used phrase(s): okay
- First word that comes to mind: Dumbledore
- What I last said to a family member: “alright” to my dad
- One place that makes me happy & why: the beach, I don’t know why, I just really love it there and I wish I lived there
- How many blankets I sleep under: usually one
- Favorite beverage(s): milk or dr pepper
- The last movie I watched in the cinema: Guardians of the Galaxy
- Three things I can’t live without: my books, my dad, my truck
- Something I plan on learning: either how to play the violin or another language
- A piece of advice for all my followers: be who makes you happy and screw what everybody else wants
- You all have to listen to this song: Any George Strait song
- My blog(s): Merlin-Badwolf-Locked
Even for an actor with a hit rate as good as his, Benedict Cumberbatch has had a superlative year. The 38-year-old returned to the small screen in the third series of BBC’s Sherlock, went blockbuster for The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug, put in an epic performance in 12 Years A Slave and next month excels alongside the cream of Brit talent as Alan Turning in Enigma-code biopic The Imitation Game.
Then there’s the small matter of his forthcoming starring role in Hamlet at the Barbican, the announcement for which caused a frenzy of excitement, sold out and became easily the most in-demand British theatre production of all time. Now, following his Emmy for Sherlock, Cumberbatch has gone one better and takes centre stage once more, with his Actor Of The year prize win at the GQ Men Of the Year awards. Collecting his award, Cumberbatch said: “This is wonderful. I’d like to thank James McAvoy for not being available. But seriously, it’s an embarrassment of riches. I’m in one of those extraordinary rooms with extraordinary people. Thank you Mum and Dad for rearing me. Wait, what century am I in? I’m going to leave the stage now because I drank a lot and I need the loo.”
Lovely photograph! Congrats Benedict! And so it starts…
This scene was so important. Arthur spent the entire episode saying he could rule alone, that he didn’t need anyone. And then here, at the very end, when he was going to his potential death, he finally swallowed his pride, took Merlin’s hand and literally thanked his oldest friend for everything.
when i find myself in times of trouble
the 12th doctor comes to me
speaking words of wisdom
Benedict Cumberbatch at the GQ Men Of The Year Awards - Inside Arrivals
Merlin Cast Fest
Colin Morgan Week - Day 1
Favourite Role : Merlin
< He cannot glimpse his part in the great story that is about to unfold. Like everyone, he must live and learn >
5k Giveaway Prize 4 - Merlin Magic Reveal AU for rocknvaughn
When Merlin publicly saves Arthur’s life with magic, Uther sentences him to death. Arthur, who is furious about this decision, helps him escape.
You know what I’m grateful for? That they never made movie covers for the Harry Potter books. Can we all just take a moment to appreciate that?
raise your hand if you’ve got the sweetest followers and you appreciate each and every one
No time to worry about brushstroke accuracy when the colors so hard to control! I just hope not too out of control… I hope you like it, bb. <3
Let me tell you about Dragonchild!Merlin. Having powerful wings and beautiful scales, his kind has been hunted to extinction by bounty hunters and magic-haters alike. He lives high up in the mountains and together with his dragons watches over the creatures of the realm. While on a quest Prince Arthur somehow wanders into Merlin’s dwelling despite the magical wards he has all over the place.
There’s also a sadder version wherein Uther finds what he thinks is a dragon egg but that hatches a magical child instead. When he is old enough to walk, kid!Merlin is held in the stone caves under the castle (with Kil?). One day kid!Arthur wanders into his dark little world and they become sort-of friends, and years and years later maybe there’s a war — and what could possibly be Merlin’s only chance at freedom.
Headcanons inspired by Maleficent and In the Flesh (the irises!). Sorry that was a bit long. Also if these fics already exist please do point me in their direction, thanks! xD